Press Release Marketing In The Online World
Internet Marketing and Internet PR are tools which assist organizations to develop relationships directly with consumers. Internet marketing campaigns offer organizations the ability to deliver targeted messages, to targeted audiences, at a fraction of big-budget advertising costs.
Successful internet marketers design campaigns that are interactive, generating a form of communication that is not about interrupting people and having them listen to one way messaging. It is an outlet to provide content that is highly targeted to consumers who are looking for information, promoting a two-way interactive relationship. Coincidently, this two-way communication is also one of the main objectives in any successful communications campaign.
People no longer go to unsolicited press releases. Consumers look to blogs, Google News, and a company’s media room for information. Transforming pr strategies to make the most of the web-enabled marketplace will ensure that organizations are highly visible online, and in turn will reach a larger audience.
Public relations have always been about reaching your audience, and with the popularity of the internet, the audience is no longer limited by media filtration. With online news releases organizations can communicate directly with millions of targeted consumers.
How to structure your Press Release Campaign
- Find a good reason to send news releases as often as possible, with the convenience and affordability of the internet, there is no need to write news releases with just big news in mind.
- Instead of targeting a handful of journalist, target your buyers directly. Speak to them, not at them, and encourage two-way communication. Provide a link to a comments page of your site, or to your organizations forum or blog.
- Think about optimization, generating targeted traffic, writing news releases that replete keyword rich content.
- Place links within releases to deliver traffic to the landing pages of your site.
- Add social media tags that allow for information to go viral, reaching a larger audience then you had anticipated.
Most importantly acknowledge that your direct-to-consumer news release strategy can coexist with your organizations existing marketing and communications campaign.