A Starter’s Guide to Google+ Business Pages
Google+ Business Pages are here! So how do you get one? We’ve put together a list of what you’ll need to know to get started.
First you’ll need to log in to Google+. After you’ve signed in to Google simply click on your name found in the top left hand corner:
From here visit https://plus.google.com/u/0/pages/create
Choose your category carefully. If you’re a local business or place, your Google+ page will be linked to your Google Places Account. From there you’ll be able to choose the correct listing, complete with a map and any other details you’ve entered.
How to Switch between your personal Google+ and Google+ Business Page
On the top left hand corner of your Google+ business page you’ll see a small dropdown arrow underneath the name of your page. From here you’ll be able to switch between your personal and Google+ business page.
How to Get Your Own Google+ Badge on Your Site
To get your own badge visit: https://developers.google.com/+/plugins/badge/config
Be sure to have the number string of your Google+ page handy (find this in the URL), you’ll need to paste it in the corresponding field. You’ll even be able to customize text for your Google+ button. If you’re not a coder we do not suggest you implement this button, speak to someone who is qualified and has FTP access.
Take a look at our button:
What Else You’ll Need to Know
- Searchers will be able to find brands by adding a “+” in front of a term, so to search for TechWyse, type in +TechWyse (or just click the link, we’d love to be in one of your circles). This is definitely a very cool feature of the business page and can be an excellent traffic source.
- Profile pictures can be uploaded, but you can only display 200px x 200px. It’s best to upload a picture with those dimensions or you can use the feature-rich editor to crop and manipulate the image.
- A vanity URL option is not currently available
- We couldn’t find an option to have multiple admins either. We suggest using your company’s official Google+ account to create the page.
Customization Options So Far
- Customized Profile Picture
- The option to add 5 pictures above your stream (125px x 125px)
Examples of Google+ Business Pages We Like:
That’s it for now, but make sure to check back often; add our RSS feed, like us, follow us, add us to your Google+ circles!