If you’re not using social media marketing in 2023, then it’s about time that you start. Social media marketing refers to the process of using social media platforms to promote products and services, and where brands can engage with their online audience.
Its uses include creating and sharing content, leveraging influencers, and interacting with users to execute your business’s social media strategy. Social media marketing can help your business reach a wide audience, build and maintain customer relationships, bring awareness and visibility to your brand, and be relatively cost-effective.
In this blog, I will be sharing some insightful information to help you devise a strong social media marketing strategy, including social media tips, benefits and trends. To learn more, keep reading ahead.
Tips For a Successful Social Media Marketing Strategy
If you want to watch your social media campaign succeed, consider implementing the following tips:
Determine your target audience: The first thing you are going to want to do when creating a social media strategy is to define your target audience. Having a goal and something to work towards is important, but if you don’t know who you’re going to target, all your hard efforts will go to waste.
Convey the right information: Target audiences want to feel connected to your brand and feel like they are getting the information they need from you. Providing that information for them is a key factor when laying out your social media strategy.
Stay authentic and consistent: You must be authentic and consistent when delivering your brand’s message. If you believe your message, it will make it easier for your audience to trust you and believe it too.
- Implement analytics tools: Choosing the right tools can be difficult but it’s an extremely important step you need to take. Using tools to track conversions and to keep on top of social listening can drastically change how well your social media strategy is evolving.
- Create a schedule: Lastly, creating and maintaining a social media strategy can be stressful and time-consuming. Creating a social media post schedule can help keep you on track. Things such as content calendars are a good way to keep on top of posting and can help make sure that you are posting content frequently and on time.
How to Create an Effective Social Media Strategy in Canada
1. Set Your Business Goals
A good way to approach this step is to ask yourself the following question: Why does my business need to be on social media?
Your goals could include a number of things including:
- Increasing brand awareness
- Generating new leads
- Driving traffic to your website
- Building an online community for your brand
After you land on a few different business goals, you can then start building your target audience.
2. Defining Your Target Audience
A popular way to do this is by creating a buyer persona. Buyer personas are detailed profiles that describe groups of people in a similar target audience.
Businesses use buyer personas to gain a deeper understanding of their customers and develop more targeted and effective marketing strategies.
Some key components used in creating buyer personas are:
- Buying Preferences
3. Develop Content Suitable For Your Audience
To develop content that is suitable for your target audience, you need to understand who they are, and on what platforms they are spending most of their time.
Businesses must remember that the top social media sites differ by province in Canada. If you are relying mainly on geographic targeting to reach your audience, you need to know what platforms people in each province is using the most.
Doing research and creating a social media content strategy can help you decide what content you are going to be posting on your social media sites. Try finding out the kind of content that people are attracted to the most. For instance, does your audience enjoy pictures, articles, videos, podcasts or blogs?
4. Customer engagement
Having content that is easily digestible will more likely engage your audience. If your audience is interested in the content you are producing, it may be easier to turn that customer into a conversion.
Being a company that is active on their social media is also extremely important. Responding to feedback, comments, and reviews is a good way to build a relationship with your customers.
It is also necessary to constantly monitor your social media and regularly update it. Keeping people interested in relevant topics and trends is a surefire way to drive traffic which can lead to even more conversions.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing For Your Business
Take a look at some of the following benefits you can expect from investing in social media marketing:
- Increased brand awareness: Social media has the power for you to reach a vast audience. Regularly sharing content, using hashtags, and posting about relevant topics can extend your brand’s visibility to potential new customers.
- Building trust with your customers: Building trust means being there for your customers when they need it the most. Customers want brands to be engaged online, and to treat their concerns just as importantly as if they were offline. Responding to comments and feedback is important as people want to feel like there is a person behind the brand, not a robot.
- Increase traffic for your website: Utilising social media posts and ads are essential ways to drive traffic to your website. You can share links to blogs or specific pages on your website to social media. Call-to-action buttons are another great way to convert social media customers into leads.
- Cost-effective: Social media marketing can be a cost-effective tool compared to traditional marketing methods. It allows businesses to reach their target audiences organically without having to use paid ads. In addition to your customers being able to see your business organically, companies have the option to create targeted ads on social media as well. Targeted ads can be used to reach different segments of your audience and allow you to set an allocated spending amount so you do not exceed your budget.
- Generate more leads, conversions, and sales: Identifying the specific metrics you want to track will make it easier when trying to calculate how well your social media campaigns are doing in relation to conversions, leads, and sales. All landing pages should be developed with a clear call-to-action to capture leads.
- Engage more with your customers: Customers can now talk to a representative, make returns, and engage in discussions with their favourite brands through social media. Customer service is easier as brands can connect with customers directly through their social media, and customer satisfaction is high as brands can reply to customer requests instantly to resolve any issues.
Social Media Marketing Trends For Businesses in Canada
In order to optimize your social media strategy, you need to stay in the loop on the latest social media trends. To help you get started, here is a list of different areas worth exploring:
- Social E-Commerce: Social e-commerce refers to the integration of e-commerce into social media platforms. This enables businesses to sell products directly through their social media platforms.
- Influencer Marketing: This is a form of marketing where businesses collaborate with an individual who has a significant following on social media.
- YouTube Advertising: Youtube advertising refers to the process of using paid advertising methods to promote products, services, or brands, on the YouTube platform.
- Instagram Content Creation: Since Instagram is such a high-volume content platform, reaching almost 95 million pieces of content a day, it can be hard to get your content seen by your users. Hence, it is important to know your audience and what kind of content they enjoy.
- TikTok Marketing: TikTok is becoming one of the world’s fastest-growing social media sites and is one place where companies would do well to advertise their businesses and products.
The Finishing Touch: A Conclusion to Leave You Inspired
Although that was a lot of information, there are a few important key takeaways I believe every business owner should be implementing.
Creating a marketing plan for your social media is the first thing every strategist should be doing. Next is defining your business objectives and developing your target audience. These three foundations will set you on the path to creating your social media strategy and help you understand which one is best for you.
The next step is to determine which social media platforms and tools you are going to use to connect with your customers and how you are going to turn those customers into leads, conversions, and sales. An important thing to remember is that social media is supposed to be relaxed and fun. Customers are there because they want to make real human connections with their favourite brands and not just another “customer service representative”. If you enjoyed this blog and need more tips about your marketing strategy, check out our blogs here.
Need help with your social media marketing strategy? At TechWyse Internet Marketing, we specialize in social media management, along with a long list of other superior services. Our fully-trained and certified team can also provide their expertise in SEO, Paid Media, Website Design, Content Marketing, and so much more. Choose our services and we will give you the results you need to bring your business to the top! To book an appointment, call (416)-410-7090 or contact us here.