It’s that time again; Christmas and Boxing Day have come and gone. We’ve done our gift shopping, opened the gifts others bought for us (and returned some of them) and then done a little more shopping (who can pass up a sale).
Now that all the purchasing-gifting-regifting-returning excitement has passed, it’s time to say goodbye to 2022 and look toward the future. Things were a little bit hectic in 2022, and as the new year approaches, you’re probably wondering what to expect in 2023.
While we can’t make any predictions about the state of the world, if you’re wondering what the year will look like for digital marketers, businesses and brands, we’ve got you covered. We’re bringing you five highlights from the digital world to help you take a look back at what worked in 2022 and what we can expect going forward.
From 13 social media trends that are expected to really take off in 2023 to five marketing trends that might not make it, here’s what happened this month in marketing.
As the saying goes, “content is king”! No matter how big or small, every business needs an effective content marketing strategy that puts its brand out there and piques people’s interest.
Investing in quality content will help your business in more ways than you can imagine. Content marketing plays a prominent role in building brand awareness and creating a distinct online presence that will set you apart from competitors. At the same time, it also improves conversions and generates more leads for businesses.
When you have compelling content that showcases your brand’s core values, your customers will stick around for more. Creating high-quality content also gives you the opportunity to build trust with your audience and improve your brand’s reputation.
Content Marketing Institute shares some important statistics in their blog that are worth learning about. Take a look at a few of them below:
- 71% of B2B marketers say content marketing has become more important to their organization in the last year.
- 64% of those who say their organization is very or extremely successful with content marketing have a documented content marketing strategy.
- 89% of B2B content marketers use short articles/posts, making them the top type of content used; video comes in second, with 75% using video, up from 66% the previous year.
Whether you’re looking to improve your content team or want to implement a better content marketing strategy, this blog gives the insight you need to help your business succeed. Learn more by following the link above.
Now that we’re living in the digital age, social media marketing is an essential tool that business owners use to promote their products and services. In fact, 93% of marketers worldwide are using social media business. With the help of social media, you can put your products on other people’s radars and reach a larger audience than ever before. That means more visibility, more traffic, and more sales for your business.
With so many people kickstarting or expanding their e-commerce business, the market has become increasingly competitive. From time to time, business owners might experience pitfalls and notice that their business has been relatively stagnant or isn’t performing as well as their competitors. If you’re currently in this boat, you should know that this simple problem has a simple solution: stay in the loop. By keeping tabs on the latest social media trends, you can, too, stay ahead of the curve and boost your business for success.
Check out Influencer Marketing Hub’s guide at the link above to take your social media strategy to new heights in the new year.
In the world of digital marketing, Search Engine Optimization, alternatively known as SEO, is a huge asset for businesses everywhere. By highlighting your business on the top page of Google with SEO, you’re letting people know that compared to others, you have the answers to all their problems.
Nowadays, Google’s algorithm is subject to change, primarily because of frequent updates and ever-changing customer behaviour. These alterations make it challenging for business owners to navigate the digital landscape and find the perfect marketing strategy. For this reason, it’s important to know about the latest SEO trends to stay up-to-date and on top of other brands.
In their article, Proceed Innovative recounts the top SEO trends in 2022 as well as some noteworthy ones that are yet to come in 2023.
Take a look at a few of the trends you should follow in the new year:
- Link Building
- CTR Over Top Ranking
- Create Content For Real People
- Create Long-Form Content
For more information about the latest and greatest SEO trends, check out the blog above!
As we look towards the future of digital marketing, there are a lot of exciting technological developments that are continuously changing the way we interact with the internet and technology.
While many of these developments are great and will allow digital marketers to reach customers in ways that were never before possible, there are some drawbacks. As technology progresses, there will also be those looking to use that to attack people’s information and assets.
As we head into 2023, here are six cybersecurity threats that digital marketers need to be aware of.
- Data Breaches: When an unauthorized person accesses a company’s private and protected data, this is what’s known as a data breach. This is one of the most common cyber attacks on small businesses and can take days to resolve.
- Phishing And Email Marketing: Email phishing attacks involve hackers sending fake emails or text messages that appear to come from legitimate sources, in an attempt to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or downloading malicious software.
- Fraud on Social Media: Using fake accounts, hackers commit social media fraud by tricking people into giving them information or money. It’s tough to spot because hackers often use stolen photos and personal info to create the fake profiles.
- CMS Attacks: With these types of cyberattacks, criminals exploit vulnerabilities in a company’s Content Management System (CMS) to steal sensitive information and data. As businesses begin to rely more heavily on CMS platforms, these attacks are becoming more common.
- CRM Malware Attacks: A CRM malware attack involves criminal hacking a company’s customer relationship management system. These cyberattacks can cause significant business disruption and potentially steal or lose essential customer data.
- Domain Attacks: Domain attacks are one of the biggest threats to businesses and digital marketers. These attacks happen when hackers use weaknesses in a company’s Domain Name System (DNS) to redirect traffic from the real website to a fake one.
Overall, it’s essential for digital marketers to be aware of these threats and to take steps to protect their data and systems, such as using strong passwords, regularly updating their software, and using antivirus and firewall protection.
To learn more about these cybersecurity threats and how to protect your data, follow the link above.
In the classic John Hughes comedy Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Ferris wisely said “life moves pretty fast.” While that was true in 1986, it’s even truer today. And nothing moves faster than internet trends.
Keeping up to date with what’s in and what’s out is one of the most important things a digital marketer can do, which is why Hubspot put together this list of five marketing trends that they don’t see lasting through the coming year.
The trends Hubspot suspects to be on their last legs include:
- Celebrity endorsements on social media
- The heavily filtered Instagram aesthetic
- Audio chat rooms
- Long-form videos for social media
- Marketing in the metaverse
If you want to know more about why these once-popular trends might be on their way out, follow the link above and check out Hubspot’s list of five marketing trends that might not survive in 2023.
This blog went over more than 27 content marketing statistics that can help you improve your content strategy in the coming year. Creating quality content is essential for brands as it affords them a chance to build their customer’s confidence in their knowledge and expertise.
As we head into 2023, if you’re current content marketing efforts aren’t paying off, now is the time to shake things up and make a change. It’s well worth it.
Then we went over 13 social media trends to you should definitely look into for 2023. As todays customer becomes ever more online, social media marketing becomes not just a good a idea but an essential part of any well-rounded marketing strategy.
With these social media trends, you’ll be able to keep your brand top-of-mind and generate positive sentiment.
Next, we took a look back at some of the big SEO trends throughout 2022. Search engines account for a huge portion of website traffic, which is why optimizing your content for them is so important.
A number of Google’s core updates came out in the last year, which resulted in a few different trends and tactics that marketers adopted.
After that, we discussed the top cybersecurity threat that could present a risk to your business and data in 2023. As technological innovations grow, so do the tactics hackers and criminals use to try and breach your data. Being aware of the different scams and hacks they use might be the difference between securing your data and leaving it vulnerable.
Finally, we went over five marketing trends that might not survive into the next year. The digital world in in constant flux, and what was popular and trendy just a month (or a week ago) might not be soon. With that in mind, it’s no surprise that some of this year’s marketing trends might not last into 2023.
Any questions, comments, or concerns? We’d love to hear your feedback!
We’ll be back next month with five new articles for you. In the meantime, if you’re looking to learn more, please check out our existing blogs that cover various digital marketing topics!