Are you staying updated with the latest happenings in internet marketing and refreshing your digital marketing strategy accordingly?
If not, then it is high time you start – and we can help! Every Tuesday we post this blog on the most important updates that happened in the past week of internet marketing.
Let’s take a look at this week’s updates!
With 22+ advertising options to choose from, Twitter can sometimes be an overwhelming platform for marketers. However, Twitter itself understands this problem, and has rebranded its advertising options into five different, easy to understand categories:
- Promoted Ads – can be used to promote using images, videos, etc.
- Follower Ads – can help attract new followers and increase brand awareness.
- Twitter Amplify – helps the advertiser to align their ads with video content of relevant publishers.
- Twitter Takeover – will help in mass reach advertising by taking over the Timeline and Explore tab.
- Twitter Live – to help in broadcasting live events and allows followers to join in real-time.
Read the blog linked above to learn more about these advertising options!
Yahoo Answers is bidding farewell on May 4, and the bad news is that its content won’t be archived.
It seems like Yahoo has decided to shut down Yahoo Answers as it has become less popular over the years, and Yahoo wants to concentrate their resources on other products and services to serve its users better.
Here is the timeline of how this shutdown will roll out:
- April 20: Users will no longer contribute to Yahoo Answers, but can still read existing content.
- May 4: Yahoo Answers will shut down completely, and users of the website answers.yahoo.com will be redirected to the Yahoo homepage.
- June 30: This will be the last day users can request a download of their data from the website.
It looks like posting images on Facebook is soon going to get fresher and even more fun: the social media platform has a new layout option for posting photos that will shortly be available to all users, and will be found in the post composer tools section of the app.
This new update, which has been in testing since 2019, will help users create engaging posts without requiring in-depth graphic editing skills, thereby spicing up regular posts with creative designs.
Yelp recently released a report that shows a significant increase in searches for diverse business groups, which include women-owned, Black-owned, Asian-owned, and Latinx-owned businesses.
The study was conducted to understand the impact that COVID-19 has had on consumer interest in diverse businesses, and the data shows that there has been a 2,930% increase in searches for diverse business groups from February 2020 to February 2021.
Here is a breakdown of the rate of searches on Yelp in the US.
- Women-owned businesses – 264%
- Black-owned businesses – 3,085%
- Latinx-owned businesses – 4,077%
- Asian-owned businesses – 130%
Yelp is also providing a way for business owners to self-identify themselves into any of these groups using a new option on their Yelp pages.
With the COVID-19 pandemic resulting in a drastic increase in online selling, many brands have looked to Amazon to expand their selling options on the website. However, with 9.7 million sellers worldwide and 1.9 million actively selling on Amazon, it can be challenging to stand out from the competition.
Fortunately it’s easy to get your brand seen with Amazon Ads! TechWyse’s article will help you learn everything you need to know about Amazon Ads, as well as the advertising options that are available so you can get the best ROI possible.
This week we learnt about Twitter’s rebranding of its promotional offerings, what will happen when Yahoo Answers shuts down on May 4th, and Facebook’s newest layout option to create engaging promotional posts.
We also heard about the Yelp report that shows the increase in searches for diverse businesses, and, finally, we saw a complete guide to Amazon Ads and which promotion to choose to increase your ROI.
We hope you enjoyed reading these updates, and we will see you next week! Until then, please stay up to date with our blogs on internet marketing.