The importance of frequently updating your blog has become a key element in organic search results. As I am sure you have heard before, the more relevant content on your website, the better!
One of the advantages of a blog is the ease of use. Anyone who has ever typed up a word document has the skill set to maintain a blog! The question is, why are there so many out of date, empty blogs? I see it every day with the clients that I help manage. The truth is, website owners struggle finding the time to select topics to blog about.
Things to consider when posting a blog:
- they are meant to provide fresh content and answer questions to web site visitors
- there is no specifications on the length of a blog
- your writing style can be casual
- you can write about personal experiences
- it is helpful to link to related articles / websites
- get your readers involved (use the comment feature)
Get your creative writing juices flowing (use these sources to find blog topics to write about):
- Google alerts
- other blog postings
- other websites
- personal opinions
- your work process
If you are still having a tough time finding a topic to write about, visit the following blog search engines and search your key industry terms:
Google Blog Search
Not sure if your company is ready for a blog? It might be time. Read more to learn about whether your company is ready for a corporate blog.
If you’re looking for interesting ways write headlines, check out Portent’s Content Idea Generator.