Happy New Year!
Part of running a business means staying up to date with all the latest industry news and marketing trends, so you can stand out from the crowd in 2022.
This week, we’ve collected 5 articles to provide you with important updates – so you can take your business to the top this year!
The digital marketing landscape saw a lot of changes in 2021, and 2022 will surely bring more. Here are some trends to keep an eye on from a panelist of digital marketing experts:
- Email marketing (using dynamic and interactive methods) will be one of the top channels to reach your audience.
- Loyalty programs will not be as popular, and will likely be replaced by membership models.
- Marketers will have better foresight into marketing decisions, as consumer data is more readily available.
- Blanket discounts will be replaced with more unique and personable discounts for shoppers.
- The war on data will likely escalate as marketers and brands lose more access due to privacy restrictions and consumer confidentiality.
Looking to learn more digital marketing updates that will help you get ahead in 2022? Click the link above.
Social Media has proved to be an undeniable force in growing brand awareness, fostering community and loyalty, and generating more leads. Hootsuite has put together an insightful guide on Social Media trends for 2022 including:
- Brands will shift gears from working with “glossy mega-influencers” to working with smaller micro-influencers that will have more of a meaningful impact and create a more authentic community.
- Marketers will invest more of their budget and time into social ads, tailoring each ad more specifically to platform best practices. Hootsuite predicts that the largest increase in spending will go towards TikTok, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- Social Media will also play a larger customer service role as consumers often turn to these platforms for queries or complaints, especially in these turbulent pandemic times. Using these platforms to communicate and clear-up expectations on service delays or supply chain disruptions can help brands inform their customers sooner rather than later.
Read more about 2022 Social Media trends by clicking the link above!
If you’re looking to up your PPC game in 2022, then keep reading! Search Engine Journal has put together a list of the ten most important trends to focus on this upcoming year:
- Automation: This strategy has definitely taken off over the past few years and it looks like it’s continuing to grow as it allows marketers to extract and consolidate information from multiple sources and make informed decisions at a faster rate.
- Responsive Search Ads: With Google’s Expanded Search Ads becoming a thing of the past, RSA’s are quickly becoming the ad type of the future.
- Conversion Tracking: Tracking where your leads are coming from is crucial to making improvements to your PPC campaigns moving forward.
Click above to learn more about 2022 PPC trends.
Ah, SEO. The ever-changing, constantly evolving, never stagnant side of digital marketing. As most marketers and business owners know, a good SEO strategy is a crucial part of attracting customers, therefore, staying up to date with the latest updates is also crucial. Let’s take a look at what’s in store for 2022:
- AI will begin to have a greater impact on SEO, with the increased use of voice search and reliance on smart devices.
- There will be a shift towards long-form content.
- Mobile site optimization will be critical to rank on Google.
- Content should align with Google’s EAT principle.
- Effective SEO will include video.
Want to learn more about each of these trends? Click the link above.
Lastly, Diana, our lovely Content Specialist here at TechWyse has put together five content trends you won’t want to miss in the new year! Let jump right in:
- Data-driven and personalized content will take precedence. Digging deeper into the buyer persona and putting out content that your audience really wants will make customers feel more connected with your brand and will increase leads and repeat customers.
- Time is precious, especially when it comes to your audience. It’s been scientifically proven that people have short attention spans. This means you need to grab their attention and keep it! Don’t shy away from long-form content, but keep it interesting.
- Repurposing and refreshing content is a great way to recycle old pieces that could use some updating.
- Audience-Focused storytelling is a great way to keep your customer engaged, and provide useful and helpful content on how your product or service will benefit them. People love stories, especially when they’re part of them!
- Visual content will continue to play a large role in content strategies. Incorporating visuals such as videos, infographics, and images will help hold your audience’s attention span and keep them engaged.
Click the article above to read more of Diana’s fantastic insight into 2022 content trends!
So there you have it! This week we took a look at 5 articles that will help you get ahead of the game in 2022.
To do a quick review, first, we looked at some top digital marketing trends for 2022. We then moved on to explore Hootsuite’s guide to Social Media trends for the new year.
Next, we learned some PPC trends that will have an impact on our 2022 strategies. We followed this with an article on SEO and the latest updates that you’ll want to take a look at. Lastly, we discussed some content trends to keep an eye on in the new year.
Any questions, comments, or concerns? We’d love to hear your feedback. As always, we’ll be back next week with 5 new articles for you. In the meantime, if you’re looking to learn more please check out our existing blogs that cover a range of digital marketing topics!