Our attention spans are shorter than ever. In fact, the average attention span is only 8 seconds long! This means that you only have 8 seconds to grab your consumer’s attention — which isn’t a long time.
If the human attention span is so short, how are you supposed to grab their attention with your product? What will make them want to stay on your website?
The answer: Explainer videos.
What is an Explainer Video?
An explainer video is a short, highly edited video explaining your product or your business to your consumer. Explainer videos educate your consumers in an engaging way that they’ll remember. They’re a relatively new concept in content marketing but will help increase your outreach and consumer base. Overall, having explainer videos on your website will increase your revenue and create long term relationships with your customers.
Explainer videos are imperative not just because of our short attention spans, but also because they drive more engagement.
The Benefits of Having Explainer Videos
Boosts Your Rankings on Google
Having a video on your website can retain visitors’ attention for longer. And because of that, Google favours sites that have a low bounce rate. This means that having video content on your website will help boost your rankings on Google and get your business discovered by prospective customers with ease.
Video is Amazing for Explaining Your Products or Services
You can list out all the amazing features of your products or services, but people only have so long before they want to move on. Videos that are short yet highly engaging will ensure that viewers keep watching and want to learn more. If you have a new product or service, or simply have industry news you’d like to share, video is the way to do it!
Videos Have the Highest ROI
According to over 50% of businesses, video content has provided them with the highest ROI. This means that even if you think getting video content may be a bit more expensive than say, getting one blog a month produced, it’ll be worth it in the long run. If you want to find more ways to boost your ROI and grow your business, implementing video in your content strategy should be one of the first steps.
Where can you put explainer videos?
Explainer videos don’t have to only be placed where your new products are. In fact, they can be repurposed and used in a lot of different areas on your website. Some spots you can put your explainer videos include:
- It’s easy for a visitor to click off your website as soon as they get to your homepage — so why not grab their attention right off the bat with a video? Many websites are made by professionals now, and it’s hard to stand out against the competition. But if you add a video for your visitors to see right away, you can get their attention and keep them on your website longer than them leaving and going to your competitor’s.
- Are you sending out a promotional email about a new product? Why not throw in your explainer video as well! Emails are already a struggle to get people to look at, so why not make yours stand out with engaging video content?
- How about turning your social media followers into customers? Demo your new products on your social media pages and start generating leads! Social media has been proven time and again to be an effective way to build leads, and video content is booming on social media. Try creating vertical videos that are social media and mobile-friendly! Start turning your followers into customers by adding some video content in your social media strategy.
- Rather than writing out copy for all your Frequently Asked Questions, why not show your answer in video form! Many websites have FAQs to help boost their SEO, but when customers look at them, it’s just a long page filled with a lot of copy they don’t have time to go through. Rather, try putting some FAQs in video form to break up the long copy.
- Landing pages are excellent locations to put your video content. Display content is a great way to draw your customer in after they’ve clicked on your ad, and this can help you generate better leads and better revenue overall.
- Blogs are a great way to boost your SEO, but they’re also great for repurposing content! Blogs can be turned into videos, and videos can be turned into blogs. If you feel that a video didn’t cut it explain everything you wanted to, turn it into a blog! And if you feel that your blog is relevant in video form – it works that way as well!
Other Types of Videos You Could Use
As seen above, explainer videos offer a plethora of benefits to your small business. However, there are some other forms of video content you could be using on your website as well.
Customer testimonials are an excellent way to build credibility for your business. They help your customers find another way to see how excellent your customer service is. But rather than having a list of client testimonials, having short videos, even 30-second ones, can engage your potential future customers and add a face to your customer reviews.
Are you an expert in your field? Prove it! Show your customers that you’re an authority in your field by offering educational tips of your industry for them. For instance, TechWyse is a leader in everything digital marketing, and we post videos on marketing tips and news to help our clients learn more about what’s new!
Another type of video you could do is one about your company and its culture. You could show things like an office tour, your team working together, and give a little “behind the scenes,” kind of trailer into what your company is all about. This helps give a face to your brand, shows your clients how and where you work, and also helps in showing potential new hires what your office is all about.
Start Adding Video Content to Your Marketing Strategy!
As seen above, adding video content, especially explainer videos, is crucial to helping your business. From getting higher rankings on Google to becoming an authority in your industry, there are countless benefits from implementing videos in your content strategy.
If you would like to start implementing video content on your website but don’t think you can do it on your own — don’t worry! Our team at TechWyse is here to help! We have video editors with the experience to help you step up your video content game.