Appealing to the Mobile Visitor Mind Set
So, you’ve decided it’s time to address your mobile website visitors properly, huh?
Well, your visitors will thank you and this is why…
Mobile visitors now account for 15-20% of your traffic. By 2015, mobile searches will account for more searches than searches done on laptops and desktops. That’s pretty significant isn’t it?
Mobile Visitors Require A Different Experience
What is very important to understand is that people finding your website from a mobile device have different needs than someone searching from a normal computer. They require a different user experience.
The good news is that now that you are building your mobile website we can make sure that these interests are looked after properly.
What Mobile Visitors Want To See
Here are a few things you should understand about people searching from their little Samsung Galaxy, iPhone, or even Blackberry.
- A mobile visitor is a visitor with a purpose! If they are visiting your website from a mobile device they aren’t doing it to read about your company.
- They are probably walking around somewhere or are sitting in a car.
- The average Smartphone website visitor will spend 10% of the time on your website than a desktop user.
Important Mobile Website Elements
So how do I make visitors to my new mobile website happy?
For most businesses, here is what mobile website visitors are looking for:
- Phone number, location map and contact information. Don’t make them scroll. This is the number one reason why people come to your website. Make it easy for them!
- And they want it fast and at their finger tips!
- A brief understanding about your company.
- An overview of your service offerings. Bullet points and keep it short!
- Opportunity to click through to any social profiles that you have such as Facebook or Twitter.
- An ability to view your full website. Should they choose to commit more time to your website then what better place for them to view then your regular website. This link should usually appear at the bottom of your mobile website.
And don’t forget…
Once your mobile website is launched make sure to setup a mobile Google AdWords campaign to attract Smartphone users to it!
Mobile Website No-No’s
Stay away from:
- Heavy graphics
- Making mobile visitors scroll
- Any fancy scripting, Flash or jQuery
- Too many web pages or text
If you are a Smartphone user yourself think about your own habits. You likely don’t do a lot of in depth research. Especially on small business websites.
We Live In A Mobile World!
Other important mobile statistics to consider:
- Mobile sites produce an average of 75% higher rate of engagement (revenue, page views).
- 1 in 5 mobile visits result in an immediate call to the business being searched.
- People use Smartphones everywhere. This includes, waiting in line, eating, shopping, commuting, socializing, going to the bathroom, hanging out!
- 78% of Smartphone users will use their phone while shopping
Sexy Mobile Layouts
Here are some effective Mobile Website design layouts.
Want to please your mobile audience?
Remember – keep your content simple, show your contact information and make your site thumb friendly!
Need a quick and easy way to build your mobile website? You can do it all at www.instantmobile.com. Or you can have them do it for you in just a couple of hours!
this is very nice and useful article .i really like Building A Mobile Website For The Smartphone Visitor
because now day everybody dependent on smart phone then other device