10 Tips on How to Set Up Your Twitter Profile For Business
Registering for Twitter is free and takes a few minutes. Setting up your profile is the first step to Twitter social personification. Basically, your profile set up creates the image others will see when you connect with them. Here are a few tips to help you look as dapper as you can in the eyes of other Tweeple.
General Tips for Profile Creation & Tweeting
- Branded Background– You can get some ideas at free Twitter background websites or have a professional Twitter background designed
- Upload Icon– In your profile editor you can ad a picture. Upload your logo, symbol, avatar or icon
- Splash of Humour– In some way, add a splash of humor in your profile bio or background design. Remember Twitter is primarily about people connecting and sharing
- Say Thank You– Anytime someone follows you, thank them through a direct message. Direct messaging is only available when someone follows you. If you are on Facebook or YouTube invite your new follower by sending them a link in your thank you reply (140 Character limit)
- Interact– Respond to direct messages that are legit (be aware people abuse DM with spam), mentions and retweets
- Mindshare– Capture likenesses your connections share in your conversations (tweets). Win the hearts of new connections you make
- Event Sharing- For meaningful events share with followers by tweeting out loud
- Useful Links- Share links that are useful to people, whether they are links to your website or links to other resources
- Completed Profile- The main areas to complete are your background, bio, username and profile icon. Completed profiles tend to be taken more seriously on Twitter
- Freshness- Keep updating with new information, people are waiting to hear from you
Setting up your profile is worth a bit of extra time because once you start Tweeting it’s what everybody else will see. To give you some ideas here are a few Twitter Profiles I think are well designed.
Twitter Professional Background Examples
@TechWyse Twitter Page
@EricWashburn Twitter Page
@Cheth Twitter Page
@ArtOfFreelance Twitter Page
You can see creating a Twitter background is taken seriously by some people/companies, especially for marketing and branding purposes. The way I see it is; your Twitter profile for business is basically a website design project. The Twitter background you create speaks to what you represent; it's worth investing the time and money in professional imagery.
Now that you’ve got a classy looking Twitter profile with a well branded background you can start connecting with others.
You should have a general idea on how to set up a Twitter profile business now. Hopefully a light bulb has gone on. In the next article I am going to explain an engagement strategy I like to use for Twitter business marketing.