Pinterest has become an important conversion driving marketing platform for businesses. And you are here to know how to drive conversion through Pinterest, right?
B2C Marketers say that Pinterest is a gold mine for them. Do you agree with them?
While some may not agree now, I’m hoping you would change your mind after reading this post.
As a powerful conversion driving platform, here are 7 reasons why businesses should begin leveraging Pinterest.
1. Visual Content is Valuable
Research has proven that using color in the documents increase people’s interest to read a piece of content by 80%.
When content mixes up with graphics and visual, it becomes outstanding.
Don’t take my word. See yourself…
- Content which uses visual generates 94% more views.
- Audience engagement can increase up to 37% if content has visual elements.
- 90% of information sent to the brain is visual.
- Images are processed six billion times faster than text.
What is a visual content?
Visual content is the content that carries a piece of information in a visual way (images, videos, infographics, etc.)
It would not be wrong to say that cavemen were the first visual content marketers.
The ‘Chauvet Cave Painting’ are said to be twenty thousand to thirty thousand years old.
However, the medium has evolved, but the concept of the communication is still the same. Tell an informative story with the visuals.
Creating a visual content is not hard as it seem. There are several tools like Canvas, Shareimages, etc. You can use any of them to create visual content for your audience.
2. It Encourage Sharing
Pinterest is a visually oriented social media site. A typical visual content receives an average of 10 repins than the plain text content.
If you want people naturally share your content and repin it on their board, you need to focus on images, graphics, and videos.
Here are some tips that will help you to create content that people like to share:
- See others’ board what kind of content they share?
- Which type of posts has performed well in the past?
- Infographics always get the attention of Pinterest’s users.
- ‘DIY’ and ‘HOW-to’ type post works better than others.
Ask others to share – Don’t just sit after posting content on Pinterest. People will not come automatically to your board and share your content. You have to ask them to share your content.
3. It Drives Traffic to Your Website
Don’t you want to know how people are getting massive traffic from Pinterest? I am sure, you do.
The answer is, they know how to use Pinterest for website promotion.
Here are the five steps you need to follow to get traffic using Pinterest:
1. Create original content – 80% of people repin other users pin. It means that if you are not creating your content; you will not get the benefit of your website.Don’t pin an image without a website link.
2. Pin More Tutorials – Tutorials pins get 40% more clicks than other types of pins.
People love to share those content which they found useful for others.
3. Use Trending Topics – Trending topics works well on Pinterest. Pins having trending topics get 94% more clicks.
4. Use Call-to-action – CTA is a major conversion factor of marketing.
Here are some call-to-action which you should use in your pin:
- Repin this.
- Comment below.
- Click here.
5. Pinnable Post – Make every post is pinnable with Pin App.
4. Content is Targeted and Segmented
Your content marketing campaign can not be successful until your content reaches to the right audience.
Pinterest allows marketers to deliver content to their targeted audience by creating specific boards, content, and topics.
It will help you to find the people who are interested in your product or services.
So, when you send content to them, it won’t look like you are spamming.
Pinterest segments your audience for you.
5. Low Competition
Competition on Pinterest is low as compared to the other giant social media sites like Facebook with 1.40 billion users, Instagram over 400 million, and Twitter with 320 million.
Pinterest has 100 monthly active users.
It becomes much easier to advertise on Pinterest because it is structured in an organised way.
6. Engaged with Users Over a Longer Period
Posts on Pinterest’s homepage stays longer. It allows top contents to be on the homepage as long as they are useful for users.
A study of PR NewsWire found that an average Pinterest pin life is three to six month – which is 1,600 times more than a Facebook post.
7. People Love to Shop on Pinterest
In 2014, Pinterest noted that 93% of pinners (men and women) used Pinterest for online shopping in the past six months.
Shopify found in its study that users referred by Pinterest make ten percent more purchase than the users from other social media sites.
If you want to take advantage of this feature, then you should enable product pins.
Pinterest works for both types of business B2B and B2C. But, it only is effective if you have a proper Pinterest marketing strategy.
I would like to know your business success story with Pinterest.