Windows 10 has caused a mess for those who always loved playing DVDs on the PC. Windows Media Center is no longer available in Windows 10. It was removed from Windows 8 as well, but Windows 8 Pro users had the option to install it manually. However, there is no workaround now. It can no longer be installed on Windows 10. So Playing DVDs on Windows 10 is not possible.
$14.99 DVD Player from Windows – Full of Bugs
Microsoft offers a paid solution to play DVDs on Windows 10 PCs. They also claim to provide 7 days free trial. However, the free trial simply doesn’t work. You will not be allowed to play any DVD unless you pay. It will just let you test if your system meets the requirement. The app doesn’t work with many PCs that you will realize after reading the review.
What are the ways to Watch DVDs on Windows 10?
5K Player is a free application that doesn’t require any payment. This app can easily be installed on Windows 10. Just insert a DVD and you are good to play. The app supports Subtitles and you can also add a subtitle file manually (e.g. .srt, .sub, .json files). The app also supports DLNA that lets you mirror your computers’ screen on other supported devices.
VLC Player is another free solution if you just want to play the DVD players. However, you must make sure that you don’t install it from the Windows App Store. Just download the desktop app from the official website and then install the application. Once installed, run the application and open the file. While you open, select the Disk you want to play.
WinX DVD Ripper – The Way to Make DVD Playable Across All Devices
While there is are compatibility issues that won’t let you play DVDs on all the gadgets, you can simply convert a DVD into an MP4 file and play across all your devices without the need of having a DVD drive. All you need is a reliable Windows DVD Ripper to achieve this. There are many useful features that make this app very useful. Some of them are as follows:
- You can convert DVDs to any desired audio/video format, e.g. MP4, MP3, MOV, AVI, MPEG, etc. You can even convert to an ISO file.
- It supports even scratched and partially damaged DVDs.
- Some DVDs are encrypted that disable access to certain features, e.g. Disney’s X Project, Sony’s ARccOS, UOP, 99-Titles, CSS Encryption, Region-code, etc. You can easily remove such encryption to make it playable on other PCs or to convert the whole DVD to Mp4 or other formats.
- WinX DVD Ripper comes with GPU Acceleration technology that detects the Graphic Card of your system and utilizes it to rip any DVD at the fastest possible speed. It can rip a two-hour of long video in just five minutes.
- The app also comes with inbuilt video editing features. So you will be able to cut, crop and merge videos as well. It is also possible to add subtitle to video or just extract the audio file from the video.