Many of my clients continue to ask me for more ways to generate new business online. While many of the things we focus on are traffic building and analysis, another key thing many of our clients can be doing better is drip marketing and building an effective newsletter campaign to people that have shown continued interest in your products or services.
Here is my own suggestion to begin building your list people that have opted to receive further communication from you on an ongoing basis.
4 Steps To Success With Your Email Marketing
1. Begin collecting peoples names and addresses by asking people to signup for your branded newsletter from your website itself. Here are 2 ways we do it on our own site:
2. Ensure that you are signed up to an email marketing service that allows you to both send emails safely and allows for complete measurement of your email marketing campaigns. We just happened to launch our newest email marketing product a few weeks ago. Check out WHICHABAM! here!
3. Setup the forms on your website to automatically send the information of people that have opted in straight to the list you have setup in your email marketing program.
4. Newsletter Creation
- Develop a theme or brand behind your monthly newsletter approach. We have developed a tagline called ‘Rise To The Top’ and the content of our email marketing is generally in the form of helpful tips from the industry.
- Determine the frequency with which you will send. Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Quarterly? What ever you decide make sure you stay consistent!
- Once your theme is developed make sure you have a template that is going to get read. Our own research shows that it is important not to over design your template. Instead make it about the content.
- Make sure that your newsletter offers recipients a way to ‘Opt-out’ if they choose to.
- Start sending!
We also advise you to turn that wonderful email newsletter into a blog and post it to your website. This helps build further credibility with search engines and keeps those not signed up to your email newsletter updated!
Not only is sending email campaigns important in keeping interested parties thinking about your company, it is also an incredibly affordable way to keep people up to date and interested in what you do!