Part of running a business means staying up to date with all the latest industry news and marketing trends, so you can stand out from the crowd.
This week, we’ve collected 5 articles to provide you with important updates – so you can take your business to the top!
Search Intent plays a huge role in successful SEO strategies. You can’t simply guess the keywords or inquiries that your customer might make! By doing some research on your audience, you can get ahead of the game and be ready when they conduct their search. There are four primary ways to categorize search intent: informational, commercial, navigational, and transactional. Not only is this important to consider for the SERP but it’s also important to consider for on-site navigation and search.
This article covers three ways you can increase your sales by harnessing the power of search intent. This includes doing things like finding the correct searches and intents on Search Engines, locating new or existing opportunities through Google Search Console, and adding true value for your audience.
Click the article linked to learn more!
The power of content marketing shouldn’t be overlooked in any strategy, however, if it’s not done properly it can end up doing more harm than good. This article covers fifteen digital content mistakes that can hurt your brand including:
- Overly promotional content: you should always follow the 80/20 rule! Your content should be catered towards addressing your customer’s needs and should be helpful and informational.
- The same content on every platform: if you have the capacity, try switching it up depending on the platform. The topic can still be the same, but visually, people might get bored of seeing the same graphics or videos on every platform.
- Jumping on trends that aren’t on brand: as much as you want to stay on top of the latest memes or trends, if it doesn’t fit into your brand image or you know your audience won’t like it – don’t bother! Something else will come along that you can use.
Interested in learning other content mistakes that brands can make? Click above.
With SEO becoming more of a focus for many companies, it has made it more competitive and challenging to rank well. However, it’s not impossible. This article by Ahrefs covers fourteen SEO tips you can use to gain more traffic in 2022. This includes strategies such as:
- Always keeping search intent in mind and putting searcher needs first.
- Creating compelling title tags.
- Refreshing old content that isn’t performing as well.
- Boosting important pages with internal links.
- Including an FAQ section.
- Reach out to experts for quotes to include in your content.
- Running an annual content audit.
… And many others! Click the link above to read more.
Video can be a great content strategy to incorporate onto your social media platforms and are proven to perform better than static images. That being said, there are different guidelines for video lengths depending on your audience and the platform! This guide by Hootsuite covers tips for each platform, as well as general guidelines to follow when publishing videos.
For example, the optimal video length for Instagram is one minute long, the best video length for Facebook is less than a minute, or TikTok, which ranges from seven to fifteen seconds, and the ideal video length for Twitter is forty-four seconds! Who would have guessed that?
Click the article linked to learn more tricks about posting videos on Social Media platforms.
As we’ve mentioned many a time before, the significance and impact of your Google My Business listing should never be overlooked. Especially if your business is smaller or has a brick-and-mortar location. It helps with your SEO, foot traffic, and reputation management.
This article, written by one of our Account Managers, Milos, covers three tips you can use to improve your listing, including:
- Listing your products or services on GMB. It improves visibility and allows the potential customer to see if you have what they’re searching for.
- The Review Feature: A lot of brands and businesses are obsessed with Google Reviews, which are very important in terms of credibility and visibility; however, other review platforms (such as Facebook, Homestars, Yelp, Yellowpages, or another 3rd party) often get overlooked or missed because of this. It’s important to stay on top of these too!
- Posting Frequently: it helps keep consumers up to date with your business news and is good for attracting new customers!
Click the link above for a more in-depth look at each of these tips.
So there you have it! This week, we looked at 5 helpful and interesting updates from the world of internet marketing that will hopefully help you out or inspire you in different ways.
To do a quick review, first, we looked at the importance of on-site search intent, and how you can use it to increase sales. We then moved on to explore fifteen digital content mistakes that your brand/business should avoid.
Next, we learned fourteen useful SEO tips to generate more website traffic in 2022. We followed this with an article by Hootsuite on optimal video lengths for Social Media, depending on the platform. Lastly, we discussed three ways you can improve your GMB listing.
Any questions, comments, or concerns? We’d love to hear your feedback. As always, we’ll be back next week with 5 new articles for you. In the meantime, if you’re looking to learn more please check out our existing blogs that cover a range of digital marketing topics!