Have you ever imagined your products being on top of Amazon’s promotions?
You may be asking yourself how you can put your products under a similar spotlight so that you can increase your sales for the month. We’re here to tell you that your dreams are not far from reality. With search engine optimization (SEO) strategies, you can convert all your garnered attention into purchases and generate profit.
Don’t let your discounts, bundles, and affordable packages go to waste. To help you out, we’ve prepared a start-up guide where you can let go of your business frustrations and take a new direction. This approach uses lightning deals that can increase the overall search rankings of your products!
Did we pique your curiosity? Keep on reading because we’ll be discussing various options on how you can increase the search rankings of your products, what a lightning deal is, and how you can easily create one.
How to Increase Rankings
Many businesses today have been questioning why their sales have been stagnant. Unfortunately, while offering a wide range of unique products is an excellent approach, there is no point in it when you do not have an audience to view your listings. You need to get in front of potential buyers, and to do that you must achieve a high ranking on Amazon’s search results page.
To give you a clear background, an Amazon sales rank pertains to a number on or before 1 to 1 million or higher. It describes the accomplishment of your sales concerning the performance of other products within the same category as your offerings. The lower your number is, the better your products are performing; thus, aim to keep your products on the first page of search results.
Should you need further information on your product’s search rankings, scroll down and tap on product information. This will let you view a display of your current rankings for a broad category. Suppose you see a product listing with a number one (#1) label on it. This means that the product is the best selling among its competitors. If you ever reach this coveted spot, expect to obtain more sales for your product than ever before.
Amazon sales ranks are valuable to any brand for their various benefits, including:
- Surpassing issues with Amazon algorithms
- Attracting potential customers and increasing sales
- Being on top of the game amidst the harsh competition
It is never too late to upgrade your Amazon sales ranking. While a set amount and consistent acquisition of sales will help you improve and maintain your rankings, gaining a better rank than your existing one requires the following:
- A flawless and well-thought-out product title to gain public attention and search matches.
- Proper usage of Amazon ads to keep community engagement and purchases going.
- Unique and quality image of your products for the general public’s viewing.
- An optimized product description with keywords and a complete description of your product.
- Competitive pricing of your products through closely monitoring your competitors’ lists.
- An ultimate guide on Amazon suspension to effectively maximize Amazon customer reviews.
- A remarkable and promising offering for all the members of the Amazon Prime community.
- An extended promotion of your Amazon products via social media, email marketing, sponsored advertisements, PPCs, and blog pages.
What is a lightning deal?
For those who don’t have a background in marketing or business operations, it might seem overwhelming to determine what classifies as a “lightning deal.” Simply put, lightning deals are paid promotions where online sellers can provide discounts for products based on A) the number of stock remaining, and B) a limited amount of time (usually 4 to 12 hours). An easier way to think of this is by imagining Amazon’s Offers of the Day or Daily Flash Deals.
When your products are featured as a lightning deal, your shoppers will see a date and time—or the number of stocks remaining—until it expires. As mentioned above, placing your advertised products as lightning deals will surely increase their visibility. There are two reasons to explain this: your product has the Lightning Deal label, or your product is placed on the Highly Visited Deals site.
Keep in mind that the ad’s appearance is limited to a day or night time option during your selection period. You cannot choose a particular week when you want them to be shown on Amazon. An alternative to a lightning deal can be a seven-day deal; the process for applying to this setup is similar to a lightning deal.
Are you interested in how you can jump on this marketing tactic? The requirements to get started on an Amazon Lightning Deal are:
- Submitting an application on Amazon with an approved list of offerings.
- Achieving a minimum seller rating of three stars or more and offering products that can be shipped using Amazon Prime.
- Presenting a price list with products amounting to at least 15% off and undercutting its lowest price in the last 30 days by a minimum of 5% off.
- Offering only brand new products (used items will be excluded from the promotions).
- Providing campaigns for the same products that do not overlap.
Additional, extended, and other conditions need to be satisfied on Prime Day for a Lightning Deal to be successfully processed. Some of these conditions are similar to the aforementioned (for example, higher ratings, more discounts, and thorough compliance with article presentations and selling prices).
Create Your Lightning Deal
Now that you know why search ranking results are essential, what Lightning Deals are for, and what you need to get started, let’s take a closer look at how you can create these deals today with a step-by-step guide. Follow the instructions below to create your first Lightning Deal.
1. Click on “Deals” in your Seller or Vendor Central under Advertising.
2. Choose a product from your inventory that you want to advertise during the deal.
3. Decide which week—as suggested by Amazon— when you want your deals to flash.
Pro tip: The suggestion is only an approximation and not the exact date(s) when your featured items will be shown.
4. Consider the amount of lead time you will have; set it for at least a month in advance since Lightning Deals do not flash as soon as your brand has been approved.
5. Determine your minimum quantity for the Lightning Deal, and delineate your price or discounts per unit.
6. Carefully review the overview or summary of your Lightning Deal, and then hit the Submit button when you deem the information accurate.
7. Check the status of your Lightning Deal to address any concerns regarding its state. There are 10 different statuses for lightning deals: Draft, Audited, Editing Required, Declined, Upcoming, Hidden, ASIN Grayed Out, Active, Finished, and Cancelled.
Did you learn anything new about Lightning Deals? Let us know what you think about this article by sharing your insights in the comments below! We would love to hear from you!