Company News November 8th, 2007
There have been many developments both at TechWyse and the online marketing world in the month of October 2007.
Internet Marketing News
• Microsoft slyly purchased 1% of Facebook for a cool $250 million dollars. That puts the value of Facebook (started in February of 2004 as www.thefacebook.com) at $15 billion! Why did Microsoft pay this sum? Stay tuned for my blog on this later in the month, but lets just say that Microsoft didn’t make a stupid decision.
• Google Update – A bigger update seemed to happen in October. The biggest visual effect, however, was a change in the Google PageRank system. It is the first large scale PageRank update that I have seen in quite some time. Most of my colleagues in the Toronto region seem to have noticed the same thing. Above and beyond this, another rumour of the latest update has been the valuation of links to blogs. Don’t get me wrong — search engines still love blogs, but the latest update from what I can see does seem to place different weight on blogging and social networking sites. Just my own thoughts though!
TechWyse news for the month of October 2007;
• Promotions :: Don’t forget, we are approaching the Holiday season, which generally means increased buying habits. If you are already a Pay Per Click client, make sure to adjust that budget accordingly. If you are not, we are offering 2 exciting promotions:
1) Join up this month and receive 50% off our regular price setup fee AND receive $100 credit towards Google Adwords.
2) Are you using Yahoo! pay per click? We are waiving all setup fees for existing Google Adwords clients. We understand the value that pay per click can bring to your business and we want to encourage this!
• ‘No Click Domain Search’ :: We launched a ‘no click’ domain search tool. You can quickly search and find the information of a domain you are interested in learning about. The domain is registered already? At your fingertips you will find all of the information related to that domain. Domain is available? You will know right away, (for .com, .net and .org) and then have various options on finding a place to purchase it! Thanks to our Innovations Team for creating such a great product! Check it out here: https://www.techwyse.com/marketing_tools/domain_search/
• New site launches :: TechWyse if proud to finally announce the launch of Guberman, Garson, Bush Immigration Lawyers website. Simple, unique and creative, we really like how this one turned out. Feel free to visit the site! http://www.ggbilaw.com/
New TechWyse Services
o ‘WyseLabs’ Analytics Service :: TechWyse is full steam ahead in its exciting new ‘WyseLabs’ service. Creating actionable functions for your company website, our analytics professionals are able to monitor your information and make sweeping changes to your website that have dramatic effects on conversion.
o ‘Media Centre’ :: We have also launched a ‘Media Centre’ service to help cater to the ongoing demands for video online. We are in the midst of launching many of them but visit this page to see one of the latest: http://www.solomonfacialplastic.com
o ‘Video Optimization’ :: Our new video optimization service ensures that your video is not only configured, but optimized and uploaded to many of the video display services that are online today.
o ‘Website Conversion Audit’ :: This service has been developed to help business that feels that they may have issues with converting their visitors to phone calls or leads. Our service will identify common problem areas, present solutions and includes bundled support hours to make the changes. Want to make an immediate impact to your site by simply improving your own visitor experience? Try this service out.
As you can see, it has been a busy month for us here. Only 2 more months until 2008!