We are now well into the month of July 2009 but in the review of the search marketing world in June 2009 you will see there was a great deal going on!
June 2009 Internet Marketing News
- Bing arrived with a bang – or so we thought! There was a great deal of hype in the search marketing world about the release of the new ‘decision engine’ launched by Microsoft. As you can see by the Search Engine Market share for the month of June — considering all the hype, Bing hardly made a dent.
- Facebook finally followed Twitter’s lead and allowed people to identify themselves with simple URL names. The trouble is that they didn’t do the same for companies that have Facebook pages. That means that while the ‘free for all’ for names occurred early in June, if you were a business owner you had to either leave your company name out on the line or reserve it with your own personal profile.
- Want to see a Facebook page for business in action? Check out our Facebook page and become a fan to begin seeing our status updates in your own account!
- Speaking of saving your online name on social marketing sites, I strongly urge you to read this article explaining to you how to setup a Twitter account. Do it for your business before someone else does. Here is the TechWyse Twitter page to see what we do!
- We all said goodbye to a Pop music icon – Michael Jackson in June. On the same day we launched a very topical article that showed the power of social media in Michael Jackson’s death. It was our most visited blog of the month.
- Jon recently went through a very big exercise with Google in learning the finer details of Google Urchin. Urchin is a stand alone product owned by Google that allows people to own their own data. This is a nice article explaining the difference between Google Analytics and Urchin.
Conversion Friendly Website Launches in June 2009
The landing page features a top banner sales funnel, a quick form and quick pointed information wrapped around the website goal.