March madness is upon us! For all of you that were looking for some love in the Valentine month 2009, it appears that many of us were left with a cold heart. Both traffic and conversions were down for the majority of website owners in February. This trend was flipped last year when February 2008 actually ended up being busier with both traffic and conversions.
February 2009 Search Engine Marketing Headlines
Our most viewed blogs in February 2009
- Perfecting Your Sales Funnel – this article continues to create quite a bit of buzz online as site owners try to understand how to improve the conversion of website visitors.
- Why Build Your Website Using WordPress – A very good article describing the evolution of blogging software known as WordPress and how you can use this as a CMS for your corporate website.
- Optimizing Adwords Spending Through Analytics – This article was published almost a year ago by Robert from our Web Analytics department but continues to be a favorite amongst our community.
New Blogs Released in February 2009
- Return on Advertising Spend Metric – A thought provoking blog from our newest campaign analyst – Jon Dyer. This helps you understand how to pull Google Analytics data and understand the return on advertising spend.
- Understanding Where Social Networking Site Twitter Belongs in the Corporate Environment – Companies today are trying to understand where social networking is online and how it can help them. This article investigates Twitter.
- How Color Selection Effects Your Website Conversion – A nice little article written by Cyriac discussing colour psychology and its importance in website conversion.
Website Development Launches in February 2009
The challenge with this project was to develop a site to a very specific brand. The brand
Food Connex Forum
Global Events Inc. is an event management company. The websites built for this client are
Executive Concierge Service
This lifestyle management services company came to us with a unique service offering. The
Occasionally our clients like to send us their comments after we release a conversion friendly design. This month we were very happy to receive a glowing comment from a site we released in the beginning of February for Garage Living. A garage organizer and renovations company. If you have something nice to say please feel free to tell us about your experience!
“It's been about a year now, but we finally have the Garage Living website up and running and I've been bombarded with compliments for it. Everyone who sees the site thinks its fantastic – visually appealing, user-friendly, informative and easy to navigate. The best part though, is that after having the site up for only a month now, we've seen a dramatically higher conversion ratio vs. last year. Our leads from the website have doubled versus last year, and we're getting many more inquiries and requests for literature. Brittany and your team were very patient and went the extra mile to do a great job, and should be commended for it!”