Well everyone knows WordPress as the most clean and innovative open source blog available. It’s being used by thousands of web developers and business owners across the world. But considering it is light, flexible and user friendly, it has become a favorite tool for creating CMS based websites.
The purpose for writing this blog is to help anyone that is interested in learning why WordPress is more than just blog software. In fact, if planned properly, WordPress can be used as the foundation piece for the content management system of your corporate website.
Why Use WordPress as a CMS?
- The biggest reason: WordPress is open source with a strong development base and even stronger support community.
- Plug-ins: WordPress has a huge array of plugins that can be added to the site with ease. Currently this plugin database has 3,880 plug-ins. Simply put – any feature you can think of is more or less available or can be customized to meet your requirement.
- Financial: WordPress saves you time and money because of the available modules and themes. New modules or plug-ins developed by you can be reused and also shared with community of WordPress users.
Things To Consider When Considering WordPress
- First of all make sure you have clarity on the site requirements and what it is you want to do with it. What are the functionalities you want to implement? Also make sure to glimpse into the future for future requirements.
- Now decide whether your requirements are achievable via WordPress.
- Are the requirements readily available?
- Are plug-ins available for the features required? If they are not will a customization of a plug-in work?
- How hard will it be to integrate your requirements in WordPress.
3. How user friendly will it be for the end user to manage the site using the backend and features you have added on.
I can tell you that from my own experience WordPress will work perfectly at saving you vast amounts of money and also future administrative issues. While these are all valid considerations I believe that if developed properly WordPress can be incredibly valuable in launching your website efficiently and with maximum flexibility.
The favored plug-ins that will help you build your CMS site using WordPress.
Make sure to check out my upcoming post where I examine my top 15 WordPress Plugins!